17/01/2017

#Dividend Income Update - January 2017



Welcome to the year 2017.

I'm still a pretty small-time investor and my dividend payments are small.

It's hard to stay focused sometimes.

It's hard to not allow envy to cloud my judgement.

I see some other folks out here blogging about their experiences and sharing their payouts.

When I read these blogs I think to myself, "crap I have a long road ahead of me."

All I can do is use their experiences to empower my own journey towards my personal wealth goals and financial freedom.

2017 is a huge year for GIGANTIC life changes. For instance, my partner and I just found we're expecting out first child!

It's an amazingly glorious surprise and we are incredibly excited!

It was a surprise though, and it has made us start to rethink our financial goals.

Goals for the New Year


This year we are setting 3 goals:

  1. Increase Our Income
  2. Save (even more) Aggressively
  3. Don't Incur Debt

The ultimate goal being (of course) to ensure our family will be financially secure.

It's time for a breakdown of my dividend income this month.

Dividend Income for January 2017: $13.48


Individual payments are broken down as follows: 
  • ALA - $0.88
  • AQN - $1.37
  • BCE - $3.41
  • BEI.UN - $0.94
  • CIX - $1.15
  • CWB - $1.15
  • RSI - $0.18
  • T - $1.92
  • TNT.UN - $2.48

Some companies I'm investigating further are HBCVSNPKI and FFH. I might also increase my long-term position in FTS or ALA

No comments:

Post a Comment